This little gal cracks me up! Last week I had nothing on the calendar, no "public" obligations so when I dressed, I just threw on some jeans and an army green polo. Later in the afternoon, when I went to pick-up my children from school I had mishap after mishap: I was terribly late; when I got to the school some goofball had PARKED in the stop-only-to-pick-up-a-childlane lane and was PARKED for a good 12 minutes while she was INSIDE the school; when I pulled out of the lane to park my car, the lady pulling out of her spot to my left wasn't watching and was within centimeters of hitting my van - I HONKED! and she stopped herself; when I ran into the school to get Miss MK she was NO WHERE to be found inside or outside; I saw the teacher and began FREAKING OUT ... she calmly led me to Miss MK, seated right next to This Little Gal Who Cracks Me Up. When we were all in the van and the world was right again, TLGWCME asked about my day, I explained the last 30 minutes to her and she said, "Must be the shirt Mom."
Last week I was showering my two little girls together like I always do. While KD was rinsing off the shampoo, I was shampooing-up Miss MK. I looked over at KD and said, "You need to rinse above your ears KD, there's still soap there."
(15 second pause.)
Miss MK asks, "Were you talking to me, Mom?"
Me: "No, KD."
Miss MK, "Oh, 'cause Dad has nicknames for us and mine is KD."
(Maybe you just had to be there. Kyle can't keep the girls' names straight and Miss MK just thinks it's 'cause he's given her a nickname.)
Then the next morning, we're kneeling to say our morning Family Prayers when Kyle starts calling "KD ..." "KD ..." "KD, c'mon! Get in here!" Miss MK looks at him an says, "Dad, I'm right here." (This nickname business is serious!)
No comments:
Post a Comment