I've been worried about this little honey. Her 2nd grade teacher loves her and had only the best things to say about her at last week's Parent Teacher Conference (a. On her first day at a new school, the teacher was worried about how she would fit in: KD got up and introduced herself and started talking with her fellow classmates. The teacher breathed a sigh of relief. b. She is above-average on her reading and reading comprehension test scores; in fact she reads at a 4th grade/3rd month level. Cool! c. She is not above-average at math but as a mom, I was okay with that: neither was I but yet once the "ah-hah moment" came, I did just fine in math and she will too. c. The teacher said she has been really thankful that KD is in her class 'cause she's just wonderful! Yeah!) So her school performance is not why I have been worried.
I had a dream in the early hours of the morning about her last week. One of those kind of dreams you don't forget easily but rather it worries you. We were driving down the highway at a quick speed. KD decided to jump out of our vehicle through the backseat window. As only a dream allows, I was able to grab her but only by her heels and it was terrifying as we continued along on the highway, speeding along as if nothing had changed. I kept trying to hold on to her ... finally pulling her back through the window into my arms. I have wondered about the symbolism of the dream, of life and how quickly it speeds along no matter what. Nothing and no one can stop it no matter what is happening in your personal life. And I have been worried about why, of all my children, it was her that decided to jump out. She worries me.
Welcome Back Katie! Ya that dream is one of those that you want to just forget. But more then anything it can just be a good reminder to cherish every moment and enjoy our children. Don't look any deeper into it, just love them!
ReplyDelete