I love these kids - love, love, love 'em!! Last night we sat down to have our Family Home Evening and someone suggested we do our Valentine's Day Cards. We hadn't gone out to the store to pick out this year's cards but I went to the file cabinet and pulled out the folder holding all the past year's cards - some Batman, some Suzy's Zoo, some Bratz, some Precious Moments, even some from my college years - and those kids were so happy to use them. No complaining. No whining about not choosing their own style. No tears. No anger issues. Nothing. They just used what we had. (Mick used my college ones - the old style with envelopes included - and if the card didn't fit into the envelope, she cut the card with a paper cutter to make it fit. Love that Lil' Genius!) And the whole night I was so proud of them. Pres. Hinckley used to say "Use it up. Wear it out. Make it do. Or do without." I loved him and I love that saying. We are trying to make it work in our family, and this night it truly worked, esp. 'cause there wasn't any murmuring. I love these kids!!
No comments:
Post a Comment