Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Super {Scrapper} Bowl Sunday, Feb 7




I love scrapbooking! Not only is it a creative outlet for me but the energy I put into it makes me feel like it was worth it, i.e., unlike laundry, the page I just finished not even 20 minutes ago is still done and doesn't need to be re-done almost immediately AND unlike dinner, it doesn't need to be repeated again and again and again and again ... AND guess what? I can go look at it and enjoy the memories that were created over and over again without having to tidy it all up to make it look fresh and clean again. I really enjoy it.

So while the boys - CK & Dad & even Mr. A - watched The Superbowl, the girls and I sat at the kitchen table and scrapbooked a page for each of them: "50 Things That Define Me Right Now." (We did this same page about 1 1/2 years ago, and honestly, it's one of my favorite pages to look at 'cause things like "4 chicken nuggets for lunch" or "Blue's Clues is my favorite t.v. show" change so rapidly and are forgotten without that page. We use clothing tags, stickers, playing cards, toy tags, anything & everything that's flat and defining for that moment in time - I just keep cutting and saving things until the next time ...) It's really fun for all of us, esp. the two older girls who did it almost all on their own this time.
Unfortunately, I didn't get one picture of the boys watching the game. I thought about it but just kept putting it off ... ugh! I hate when I do that 'cause ya just can't re-do the moment. Ugh!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your pages! Did each girl do their own page? Can't wait to see you this weekend. I have an idea for my 365. What if I start when Miss Claire is born and do 365 days of her life? Can I do something like that?

    ReplyDelete