Mickey just finished her project for her 6th grade Science class. It looks amazing. Her hypothesis is "If the food doesn't get enough moisture, then the mold won't grow. Mold needs moisture." She scooped a tablespoon of each of our Thanksgiving foods into an egg carton and watched the mold grow on the food. She kept a 3x/week log and took pictures randomly. Jello ended up being the moldiest food. It looks great - not the jello, the whole project!It's so fun to watch her grow into an intelligent, fun, secure person. Last week, a neighbor called her and asked if she babysits. "Yes," she replied. "You know I charge $2 per hour per child, and I am available." That child is so confident and up-front and even business-savy: Here I am, here's my rates, take it or leave it. She is wired so differently than me and I love it! (And she does a great job. I know, 'cause people call back.)
We still have things we work on - like we wish we hadn't broken the Sabbath day to work on a school project - but that's what this is all about, still working on ourselves to become better people. But in the meantime, I like & love the person that Mickey is becoming!!
No comments:
Post a Comment