Monday, January 25, 2010

So Blessed!

K.D. stayed home sick from school last Tuesday (1/19), went for a 1/2 day the next day, a full day the next and stayed home on Friday. Primarily, she complained of a terrible headache and was really hot to the touch; later she developed a terrible cough and for that reason, she stayed home sick on Friday. We knew she was sick, but in retrospect, I didn't know she was that sick...

Friday night, M. felt hot and had the same cough K.D. had. She complained too, "I tired," all the time and spent most of the day Saturday in our bed. By that night, she had symptoms of croup. It's so heart-wrenching when your child can't breathe and can't stop coughing. I had the older two get in the shower (in preparation for Sunday) and M. and I sat inside the bathroom getting the steam into her so she could breathe. But our hot water heater isn't that good and we wouldn't be able to do that all night.

Thank goodness for great neighbors!! Kyle called Nick to ask for his assistance in giving M. a blessing. Not only did he help administer the blessing but he brought over a machine & breathing apparatus that helped M. to get medicine into her lungs and be able to breathe. His wife, Autumn - a nurse (!), came over later and checked M.'s oxygen level and heart rate, and gave instructions for us for the course of the night. We were so grateful: M. had a difficult night and had it not been for both the priesthood blessing and the "official" medicine, well we don't know... At 3 a.m. she told us through her labored-breathing, "I love you Dad. I love you Mom." I was scared for her and began praying that those words weren't her goodbye. Please don't let us lose her. Please Heavenly Father.

She made it through the night! Sunday, she laid around the house and today, although still sickly, she seems "fine." Kyle and I are so tired. And so thankful for our blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment