Friday, January 8, 2010

Cinnamon Rolls

Yesterday - Jan 7 - I made a crockpot chicken meal, a jello and homemade rolls. And since I was on a domesticity roll :), I made cinnamon rolls. They were pretty! And my house smelled so good all afternoon - I love the smell of baking bread!

I was out of butter to finish off the cinnamon rolls so I borrowed a cube from our wonderful next door neighbor. And when Kyle came home from work, he brought with him butter (from a grocery store run) so we tried to return the butter cube, but our neighbor wouldn't accept it. She's nice like that.

Anyway, I thought to return her kindness by sending over some cinnamon rolls. They smelled good, they looked pretty, all I needed to do was to put a cream cheese frosting on, and they were done. I quickly did and sent 'em over. Then I took a bite of one. THEY WERE AWFUL. The cinnamon roll itself was yummy but the frosting was T-E-R-R-I-BLE. I don't know what went wrong but whatever went wrong, it went terribly wrong. And I was so embarrassed -all night long - that I had shared them with my good neighbor. I worried what to do. I kept pleading to the heavens, "Please let them be good for her family. Please?" Over and over again was my mantra. "Please let them be good for them. Please" - willing it to be so.

That night, I prayed that the cinnamon rolls were good for them, if not for us. I don't know if it was blasphemeous. I hope not. But next time, in order to return a kindness, I'll be kind and take the first (poisonous) bite myself. Sorry Neighbors!

1 comment:

  1. Atleast they look delicious!! It's the thought that counts right? I've only attempted cinnamon rolls twice in my life and they just never turn out as good as my Mom's. I just don't have the touch.

    ReplyDelete